1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
  1. Bella77

Bella77 New Member

Loc:
    lost in the woods
    Is it common place to have a haze in the home during stove use. I just installed a morso wood stove to the install specs and we have had it inspected. the stove burns well and the heat is nice, but there is a haze in the home and my wife is pregnant and this is concerning to me.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webby3650

webby3650 Master of Fire

Loc:
    Indiana
    It is common if the stove is new. The paint will off gas as it cures. It's probably not the best for a pregnant woman, maybe she could go for a drive while you air out the house.
  3. Bella77

Bella77 New Member

Loc:
    lost in the woods
    Thank you all for your reply's. all good now the stove is working awesome and no off gassing.
  4. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Should this happen again (it might when you reach higher temperatures with the stove), light a few candles in the stove room or anywhere there is haze.
  5. Sprinter

Sprinter Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW Washington
    I'm surprised there was a visible haze, but just for the future or for the sake of others, it's best to do the break in with a good fan venting the house with open windows or door. The paint fumes are not toxic, but they sure are unpleasant.

When I did mine, my smoke detector went off even as I was venting the house.