Smoke released from secondary air inlet on a Morso 2B Classic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brndog

Hearth Supporter
Mar 1, 2008
Northern VA
I recently had a Morso 2B Classic installed. The company where I bought the stove made a mistake when installing it; they placed it too close to the wall. They had to come back and move it forward. Ever since, I have been having problems with the stove releasing smoke into the house. From my observations, most of the smoke is coming out of the secondary air inlet from behind the heat shield on the back of the firebox. This occurs until the stove gets to a certain temperature and then stops. Also, I've had the house fill up with smoke twice; both times this occured in the middle of the night so I am not sure if the smoke is coming from the same place. I was told the draft is more then adaquate when it was installed. I've informed the company where I bought the stove of the problem and they have not been helpful aside from sending me a piece of insulation to stuff in the air inlet. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.