smoker dilemma

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just buy a Big Green Egg and have a smoker and a grill. Pizza at 700 degrees, low and slow at 250 and any temp you want to grill at in between. I've done 20 hour cooks in snow storms and never came close to running out of fuel. Dealing with the charcoal is the only thing that some people might find a problem but I can cook all week and never have to empty ashes because lump charcoal burns hotter and leaves less ash then briquettes. I add chunks of what ever wood I want to smoke with. When grilling it takes 15 or 20 minutes to heat up after you light it but you will be amazed at how the food tastes when it comes off. There are a couple of forums for the BGE, just check them out and you will be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.