Snapping snap-locks?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mnich3

Sep 9, 2009
Asheville NC
I have done this many times in the past. But that past was long ago and maybe different pipe.

Is there a specific method for snapping 8" 24ga pipe? I get one end snapped but by the time I get to the middle of a 24" section it pops loose. My hands are already cut a little, but I can't get a good grip on the pipe with gloves.

thanks

:gulp: Ummmm.....what would you be using this pipe for???? Are we talking about the galvanized pipe for heating ducts??

mnich3 said:
Connecting a small Morso wood heater to the support box at the ceiling 68" away.

Stop -Drop - and Roll.

Is this snap lock stuff a class A rated pipe??? Or did it come from the furnace section at Home Depot?

What brand is it?

Lay the seam edges overlapped and then push the seam down into a "V". As you let back up on it slowly it will slip together.

Huh - Once again, I learn something new every darn day on hearth dot com.

I didn't know that black connector pipe came in a snap version. My google-fu has provided several links to such creatures. Good to know (and cheap too).

Status
Not open for further replies.