Snow gone, found some trees, to be fire wood soon.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
I fell some trees in the bog last spring. It was too wet to retrieve them.
I think I'm getting hooked on getting fire wood, Quad inspired me.
Now that the bog is frozen & the snow blew away. I'm topping them & dragging them to the wood pile.
There was over 18" of snow where the quad is & after the wind (50 - 60 mph with 90 mph gusts for 3 days) it's gone.
Got 4 today, new tarps on the wood pile. Got the picnic table back.
Shingles all over the yard, found where they came from. MY ROOF :bug:
14" Craftsman working fine so far. New fuel line & chain, started right up. :)

Attachments

• 102_4027.jpg
    102_4027.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 433
  • 102_4044.jpg
    102_4044.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 458
  • 102_4032.jpg
    102_4032.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 439
Pic of bog where trees are

Attachments

• 102_4034.jpg
    102_4034.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 437
  • 102_4041.jpg
    102_4041.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 430
bogydave said:
I fell some trees in the bog last spring. It was too wet to retrieve them.
I think I'm getting hooked on getting fire wood, Quad inspired me.
Now that the bog is frozen & the snow blew away. I'm topping them & dragging them to the wood pile.
There was over 18" of snow where the quad is & after the wind (50 - 60 mph with 90 mph gusts for 3 days) it's gone.
Got 4 today, new tarps on the wood pile. Got the picnic table back.
Shingles all over the yard, found where they came from. MY ROOF :bug:
14" Craftsman working fine so far. New fuel line & chain, started right up. :)
Ha! Thanks! Pretty soon you'll be giving it away too.

Nice pics. Lucky you even have any trees after that wind. One time I had shingles taken off my roof (the tornado missed the house by 100 yards), and it ripped the antennas down. That was enough for me!

hilly said:
Amazing mountains in the background. Do you climb them?

Only when I go sheep hunting.

I like how you tossed your gas can out behind the quad just like that other guy that takes a lot of pictures and gets wood with his quad. Sorry his name escapes me - but i know he drives a quad. Hmmmmm.

Gotta have some color this time of the year or you thing the pics are in black&white;.

’bert said:
I like how you tossed your gas can out behind the quad just like that other guy that takes a lot of pictures and gets wood with his quad. Sorry his name escapes me - but i know he drives a quad. Hmmmmm.
Ha ha ha! Oh my! It never occurred to me when I saw that picture, but almost looks like the rope is tied to the gas can, like a leash! Sure wish I had a nice SQUARE one like that. Before Monday I will.

Square, HA HA, you should see it on a sunny day, it has a rounded bottom & won' sit level.
It is a 2-1/ gallon can that now holds 3-1/2 gallons.
Today it was cold so it contracted & sits level on the ground.
I think steel is a better way to go, safer. But it's what I got.

i love cutting standing dead wood out of a bog/swamp. talk about dry....but you do have to wait for things to freeze over. some of the best wood i ever burned was from one of the swamps near where i lived in upstate n.y.

cass

Status
Not open for further replies.