1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Snowed 5"plowed once, started snowing again

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by bogydave, Apr 7, 2013.

1. schlot

schlot Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Iowa
    I love the snow, but spring snow can get depressing. You get your hopes up, get out the shorts since it's above 30, start thinking about planting the garden and the BOOM. More snow that doesn't stay around long enough to enjoy and the ground is soggy from trying to warm up.

73 yesterday...rain now....snow tonight.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

Good point ! Just curious what is the most wood you have had stacked at one time ?

Pete
  3. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    ?
    4 cords +/-
  4. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Gonna plow again this morning.
    Looks like another 5" or so last night.
    Just spitting snow now, my finally be letting up.
    Plow to stay on the ATV for a while now :)

DSCF0827.JPG

DSCF0825.JPG
  5. nate379

nate379 Guest

About the same here.

Neighbor isn't going to like the bill I send. This will be snow removal #4 in the last couple days. The spitting of snow is annoying. Dump the 2 feet and be done. Fine I'll spend 2hours cleaning it up, but at least it's done then! I don't have to mess around with it EVERYDAY!
  6. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

It seems like winter wants to hang on a bit longer in certain areas down here, is that the norm for your area?
  7. Flatbedford

Flatbedford Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Croton-on-Hudson, suburbs of NYC
    Just about 80 and sunny in NYC today!
  8. nate379

nate379 Guest

It's not abnormal, though not very normal either. Though I've seen snow as late as the begining of May so I guess anything is possible. :(

If it got into the 80s up here old people would be dropping off like flies. I've recorded 82-83* a few times at the house, but the official temp was in the upper 70s. The hot part of summer is usually in the mid 70s at the worst. Most of the summer is in the 60s, though some summers I've had to run the heat cause it was barely pushing 50* outside.

The high temp in teh whole state yesterday was 46* and the low -32*... yup still winter here.