So anxious to get out and work on some wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenster

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Texas- West of Houston
I'm down with an injured hamstring and some shoulder issues but I'm chompin' at the bit to get out into the woods and doing some splitting. My neighbor and I plan on getting together and attacking a bunch of trees he has downed recently. We will use my Huskee 35 ton splitter. He will have already bucked the wood up. We'll work together to split all the rounds, then we will divide the fruits of our labor 50/50. Sounds like a good deal to me.
I've got probably a cord of Water Oak rounds that have been stacked for almost two years. I need to get all of that split and stacked. Then, there's a bunch of down stuff out in our woods that need to be bucked up. The tops are probably burnable right now. The trunks will still need a couple of years.

I keep thinking...."maybe if I just go slow I'll be alright" but I know I'm better off waiting another couple of weeks so I won't have a set back. Plus... my bride won't let me, so there's that.

I feel ya. I have a lot of rounds I just collected, and then the snow hit. Same thing happened last winter. I had scored about 2 cords worth of rounds, and the snow fell. And it lasted for about 4 months. Should be around 60 on Monday, hopefully I can get the rest of it split before it snows again.

Hope you heal well enough to get your chores done.

I too am chomping, just not cold enough yet for me. I have a dozen poplar selected (14"-22") to fall when it gets cooler. Too warm and the snow makes for wet feet. Will have those trees dropped, cut, split and piled by February 1st. Stacking after the snow melt.

Reactions: Kenster
Status
Not open for further replies.