So...any gear related Christmas gifts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Allagash350

Burning Hunk
Apr 9, 2016
Bowdoinham, Me
Hey everyone with Christmas coming up what are you guys hoping for? Or giving?
Or just buying for yourself haha.

I got my dad a new chain. He uses his saw, I sharpen it and do all the maintenance for him, and will usually leave him 4 or 5 sharp chains to hold him over. Figured he would love having a new one.

I got my sister and brother in law a hoop log holder, they just got an insert installed so I thought they would like that.

I’m hoping for a LL Bean wood carrier. When I was a kid we had a canvas one, and used it for at least 30 years before my mom gave it away or who knows where it is now. I dropped some hints to my wife so we will see if I am really the one who “doesn’t ever listen!”

Anyways...Merry Christmas!

Reactions: Lone_Gun and Tom123
I'm hoping for a Husqvarna 125B 28cc 170MPH leaf blower, but I'll probably get socks and a tie. :p

All the leaves in our neighborhood blow right up our street and into my front yard where they camp out all around my vehicles (over a foot deep), in my flowerbeds, and in my fish pond. I love trees, hate leaves. This would make the spring cleanup so much better. I could also use a new chore coat. Burned a few holes in mine when I was welding my log splitter's wedge back on. Now I whistle while I work - Bwahahahaha!

0a359cccd9dc4f8cb5f61f76033450ea.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: D8Chumley
This came today. My mom sent me a $35 check for my birthday. She always does, and it feels funny to take money from your mother at 39 years old, but I know she wants me to get something for myself. So I figured what the heck. I know it’s not a Christmas gift, but my birthday is on Christmas, so I figure that’s close enough!
IMG_5859.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really want to try a pair of these gloves, and hearing people who have actually used them and like them really helps.

LG

Stihl sells a version of these gloves, but I like the Hulk model better because they fit better and seem to last longer--at about half the price. I'm a little more sensitive to vibrations than most folks I know, and these allow me to work all day.

Reactions: Lone_Gun
I don't give or receive gifts for Christmas . . . and I think I pretty much have everything I really need when it comes to processing my firewood.

Just picked up a like new echo CS-310 to use as a limbing and trim saw. My first Echo. I don't plan on carrying 90cc saws into the woods anymore unless I have to, as my shoulders aren't that happy working on really big wood anymore.

Finally got the new Stihl 461-R I’ve been shopping for the past 5 or 6 months. Can’t wait to use it on something more than a large pine round I had out by the wood pile... When I walked in with it, my wife said, “Merry Christmas!”

View attachment 218570

LG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You will love this saw! Both of wood cutting buds got the same here in recent months.I have ran them both...they get with the program! I am waiting to see what happens with the reintroduction of the 441 as I have a big wood saw in my 660. ENJOY!

I bought myself a new 24in Logrite hookaroon for working around the splitter solo..

I got myself a Snowsport plow for my beater Chevy. Tired of plowing the 600’ driveway on the ATV now I can do it while warm and dry. I always ask for the in-laws to give me cash so I can put it towards what I need at the time. I’m in good shape gear-wise but that leaf blower in a different color orange is tempting

I got myself a Snowsport plow for my beater Chevy. Tired of plowing the 600’ driveway on the ATV now I can do it while warm and dry. I always ask for the in-laws to give me cash so I can put it towards what I need at the time. I’m in good shape gear-wise but that leaf blower in a different color orange is tempting
My drive is short enough that I just lock the old truck in and away we go! 600 feet would suck tho....lol

Just picked up a like new echo CS-310 to use as a limbing and trim saw. My first Echo. I don't plan on carrying 90cc saws into the woods anymore unless I have to, as my shoulders aren't that happy working on really big wood anymore.

I have had a cs310 for 4 years now..my first echo...it is serving me very well...I haven't had any issues with it...no mods or nothing. Fires up and does a fine job. Hope yours is just as good...now my cs400 on the other hand has been a problem child...I finally decided to say heck with the warranty and fixed it myself...now it's a great saw..

My drive is short enough that I just lock the old truck in and away we go! 600 feet would suck tho....lol
C2E0C955-EADC-4CA3-9217-F90CE90AFE92.jpeg 672ED997-4E93-41FE-B916-58EDECA37E29.jpeg

Not really an option, it’s all downhill from the house and that stretch doesn’t get the sun to melt the ice. That’s a 54” pipe under the driveway where it meets the paved road so I’m looking at about a 9’ drop off the edge. Already had to fix both fenders and hood/bumper on my sons car from bouncing off trees left then right 2 years ago

View attachment 218644 View attachment 218645

Not really an option, it’s all downhill from the house and that stretch doesn’t get the sun to melt the ice. That’s a 54” pipe under the driveway where it meets the paved road so I’m looking at about a 9’ drop off the edge. Already had to fix both fenders and hood/bumper on my sons car from bouncing off trees left then right 2 years ago
Looks like a beautiful place to live! Your place looks very similar to my friends place near Millersburg PA...beautiful country! Sorry about the car!

Wife got me a couple of Linhart's firewood grabbers. They seem super heavy duty and will be putting them to use soon.

Edit: Lockhart's firewood gripper. Lol.

I got myself what appears to be a meat hook, as evidenced by the aluminum (assumed) handle. I tried it out and it works great. I need to learn how to release the log

Attachments

• 20180102_183958.jpg
    20180102_183958.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 161
  • 20180102_183928.jpg
    20180102_183928.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 135
i bought myself a new pair of chaps that actually covers my ankles, and a stihl 2n1 sharpener for the holidays this year.

i bought myself a new pair of chaps that actually covers my ankles, and a stihl 2n1 sharpener for the holidays this year.

I’m in the market for some chaps for cutting, good on ya for getting some! Also been thinking about the Stihl 2n1,as I’ve seen some great reviews on them.

LG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk