1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

So far, so good...

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by yooperdave, Dec 7, 2012.

1. yooperdave

yooperdave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan's U.P.
    It seems that living in the U.P. you tend to view winter as a battle ground (with the exception of the enjoyment of winter sports). So when you get the start of a winter that is as unusual as this one is, you take note of it. I mean, here it is, 7 Dec and the yard is almost completly void of snow!! Sunday after Thanksgiving, there was almost two feet of snow on the ground! We've only had a couple nights of below zero temps and only a few days of poor driving conditions. BUT....we all know whats going to happen! Skiers and snowmobiliers are chomping at the bit.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Gary_602z

Gary_602z Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Odessa,MI
    Us Trolls don't have that problem!:)

Gary
  3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Yooper, I'm betting the skiing operators are really hurting. Perhaps they were opened at Thanksgiving time some but it has to be poor now for sure. I still miss the UP but it appears we will stay put right here now. If we hunger for more snow and colder, we'll come up.
  4. Boom Stick

Boom Stick Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Capital Region, NY
    U.P.........no steelhead fishing? That is what I would be doing.