So far this year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shawneyboy

Minister of Fire
Oct 5, 2010
NE PA
My goal being to collect and process at least 12 cord this year, so that I have heat untill my daughter is out of University... Here is where I stand thus far, 3 rows, 3x5x20 so a smidge over 6 cord... (actually 7 )
Not to the perfection level of stacks like Zap, but .....

Attachments

• stacks.jpg
    stacks.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 467
Looks great.

Beauty!!! Great Job!!!

Very nice!

fv

Looks Great to me!

Nice stacking! Much straighter than mine.

shawneyboy said:
My goal being to collect and process at least 12 cord this year, so that I have heat untill my daughter is out of University... Here is where I stand thus far, 3 rows, 3x5x20 so a smidge over 6 cord... (actually 7 )
Not to the perfection level of stacks like Zap, but .....

shawneyboy, your stacks look great and it's all about the heat. Nice job.

Zap

7 cord this early is a good run.

Nice!
Whatcha got in da stacks??

Great stacks. :coolsmile:

Woody Stover said:
Nice!

About 60% Red and white Oak, 35% Black Birch, and 5 % Silver Maple with a sprinkling of Pine.

Shawn

Shawneyboy, those stacks look great to me. Besides, Zap is right. It is the heat that counts and not the stacking.

That's something you should feel good about. Nice work. Watch out for the heat getting the next 5!

Neatly stacked woodpiles look nice . . . but they don't heat your home.

Truthfully, when it comes to wood, it really is all about the size and experience . . . or at least time. ;) :)

. . . which is good since my woodpiles look like they were stacked after I have had one too many Woodchucks.

shawneyboy said:
Woody Stover said:
Nice!

About 60% Red and white Oak, 35% Black Birch, and 5 % Silver Maple with a sprinkling of Pine.

Shawn

That thar is a good recipe, yep!

I'm also cutting & stacking to get ahead but they ain't near as purdy as that pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.