So I got my blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skinnykid

Hearth Supporter
May 6, 2008
Next to a lake in NH
Got my blower from CSH inc. and out of the box it is D O A and three screws that hold the side plate are missing!!!!!!!!!!

I am kinda pissed!!!!

I test fitted it anyway, the screw holes line up but the fan housing hits the rear legs of my stove. So it is angles inward from bottom to the top where the holes are, is this normal??

I would think it would fit in flush but maybe I am wrong.

Thanks

I figured out the blower, it had a loose power wire. I installed it onto the stove. I guess it fits correct because it is not blowing air any where else but up the back of the stove like it should.

I tried it on all power settings, high blows alot of air across the top and I can feel it with my hand up to about 1 foot in front of the stove but the lower settings I cannot feel as well.

Does these fans REALLY help move the warm air around with not blowing really hard like they do??

I would like to think that I got the most bang for my buck.

Wait till next year when it's really cold out and ask yourself the same question. When I'm not running the fan, the furnace runs a lot more.

Chris

Make sure its a pretty good fit against your stove.............loose power wire ?

How could this happen ?

Did it tighten good so you won't have to worry about it shorting out ?

If the air is blowing up the back and under the front it will heat very well I'm certain.

You could fire your stove up and test it...........

Robbie

AS to the does the fan thing really work because I can barely feel it - it is not about velocity - exactly. You are just facilitating moving a volume of air - very warm air - as opposed to natural circulation. You will be amazed at the difference between no blower and the blower on low. FOrget about if I crank mine up and it is not frigid out - I can get the room cooking.

Status
Not open for further replies.