So I walked into the Stihl yesterday and...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...walked out with an MS250, carrying case and a six pack of 2 stroke oil. I was debating between the 290 and the 250 but liked the power to weight ratio of the 250. I appreciate lighter weight equipment as I get older and it will be more than adequate for my requirements. Both these saws are on the endangered species list so I decided to move on this purchase sooner than later.

I'll be processing log length wood this year as I will realize about a $150.00/cord cost savings vs. purchasing CSD as I have in the past. I finally have a reliable source for good hardwood logs (delivered) that typically run 10" - 18" diameter and are cut about 6' - 8' long. I'll be using the MS250 for bucking the logs and will be getting a 5 ton electric log splitter so I don't have to maul myself to death! I'd love a nice 16 ton electric H/V Ramsplitter or 20 ton gas powered H/V Iron & Oak but can't swing that type of $$$ at the present time. I'll also be building myself a sawbuck to make things a bit easier on my back.

I generally go through about 4 cord/year so I'm going to try and process 8 - 10 cord this year. I'd like to be at least 1 - 2 years ahead if at all possible. I should have 2.5 - 3 cord left over after this burn season so I'll have a bit of a jumpstart on next years wood.

Going through old and new threads proved very helpful. It's really great to have these resources available as a member here at Hearth.com. To that I say "Thank You" to all who unknowingly helped me in my decision making process!

Reactions: MasterMech
You won't regret that choice FrankMA, when I ultimately clean out the hoard of saws I have accululated, my "new" MS250C-BE will be one of the few that remain. Its put up in "storage" now while I work with some other used ones I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.