1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

So this is what I'm faced with....

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Leroy_B, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Leroy_B

Leroy_B Member

Loc:
    Southern N.H.
    Here's a few pictures of what the previous owner installed is this Comforter wood stove with fake brick tile. I'm installing a new stove and don't want to repeat what he did.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Wood Duck

Wood Duck Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central PA
    You first need to determine what type of stove you'll install and how far from the wall the stove will sit. If the stove is far enough from the wall to meet manufacturers requirements for clearance, then you are OK. You will also need proper clearance between the flue pipe and any combustible material - again see manufacturers requirements. The floor (hearth) for the stove must also meet manufacturer's requirements. I don't know much about flue pipe but I know the pipe must meet the requirements for the stove, and beyond the stove room insulated flue pipe is normally used.
  3. Leroy_B

Leroy_B Member

Loc:
    Southern N.H.
    Already downloaded the PDF file for the Englander 24-ACD. Did my homework on the specs. Thanks for the tip.
  4. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Will you be installing the Englander instead of the Warner? Or was that in a separate location?
  5. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    I see nothing wrong with the z-brick so long as what is behind gives the correct clearance requirement.
  6. Leroy_B

Leroy_B Member

Loc:
    Southern N.H.
    I had a Warner and I sold it. Turned around and bought a Fisher Grandpa and sold that. Then my neighbor gave me his Englander. He wasn't a heavy stove user, only when temps hit the teens or less. I'll keep the Englander, seems to be a favorite. I'll sell the Comforter. Jeesh it's like a regular stove shop around here.
  7. Leroy_B

Leroy_B Member

Loc:
    Southern N.H.
    Used it for 2 years, I'm just not wild over the setup. Z-brick, that's the stuff, ah ha remember when it was in all the stores.....in the 70's. Pretty sure it's plywood behind it. I'm going to take it all down, open the room for the Englanders blower to do it's job.