Soapstone beer mug, for the addicts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Highbeam

Minister of Fire
Dec 28, 2006
Mt. Rainier Foothills, WA
Yes, I love my soapstone. The wife bought me this mug a while back for a gift. It wasn't really expensive and a good thing since if you try and drink straight from it it tastes weird. Well maybe not taste as much as smell and since you taste with smell to some degree it makes the beer taste funny. The cup does not leak or seem to absorb the beer.

I put it in the freezer before using and boy oh boy does it get cold and stay cold. Truly a frosty mug. First photo of dry mug on my hearthstone stove. The finish is not as polished as the stove. Second photo wet with water since as we all know, soapstone looks better wet.

Attachments

• smallcup.JPG
    smallcup.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 826
  • smallcup2.JPG
    smallcup2.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 900
Neat. I would imagine it would make the beer taste a bit off, though. Sweet mug, but is that a copper handle? better wear your stove gloves when drinking that thing straight out of the freezer...

Is it a gentle cold? :lol:

Yes copper and it is pretty cold. A gentle cold. You could have gotten other metals too.

They make ice cubes too for the reduce-reuse-recycle crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.