I have a question that pertains to temperature, soapstone, and creosote. I have a Hearthstone Heritage installed on an outer wall, and a non-enclosed class A flue up the side of the house. I've had concerns about creosote buildup since the chimney is not enclosed and is 16' high. I am told this allows the very top of the chimney to stay much cooler even when the stove is putting out a lot of heat. I have thermometers on both the soapstone and on the stack. While I've been able to keep the soapstove at 450, at the same time, the stack thermometer gets as low as 200 when the fire is down to coals. I know that creosote buildup can occur somewhere under 250. I'm guessing if my stack is only reading 200 a foot above the stove, the outer chimney is probably much less. The discrepancy between the two temps is quite large, and with soapstone being such a heat holding element, it's very difficult to interpret which is more accurate. My question is, with these newer stoves, secondary burns, and very little smoke going up the chimney anyway, how much of a risk am I running if any here? If my stove itself is 450, is anything dangerous even making it up the chimney?