Solar bayer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chewy

Hearth Supporter
Nov 7, 2009
Indiana
Hello all!! Going on my third season with an owb (free heat machine). Did a quick google of the company and realized that they are out of business now, and have alot of angry people who are sol on a bunk warranty. My stove is fine but have read a that at about 4 to 5 seasons there starts being problems with the stainless that was used. Since mine is used I figure I'll start planning for the future and get a gasser.

Any body have any more thoughts on the solar bayer? Anybody use one?

Ty in advance
Chewy

It's made in Germany so I would expect some decent quality. The ones on Ebay seem decently priced & you do get the buyer protection, so you will not be taking the risk I did when I imported my Atmos from Poland. I would advise getting a boiler that is sold by a USA dealer though, because of support, parts, warrantee. Lots of good ones to choose from & take look at the other Lambda boilers too, Randy

Hi Randy
Would you care to talk about the atmos? The reason you chose it, and price?

Ty for your reply
Chewy

Hi Chewy, Basically I wanted a Wood Gun & couldn't afford it, so I bought an Atmos DC32GS from Kotly of Poland. At the time these boilers were so cheap it was unbelievable. You could buy their smallest gasser for under $1000. + the shipping of course. The 32GS was all I could afford so maybe it was the Atmos that chose me. My boiler was the top of the line Atmos 32KW(not including the unavailabe German GSE boiler) & was very cheap(Hearth does not want pricing discussed here). I picked this boiler up in Chicago & I can just say, NEVER AGAIN! The traffic? I should have brought a picnic table for the expressway. It's everything they joke about in Married With Children program. The Atmos was supposed to be sold here by someone called Green Energy something. These are nice simple boilers although need babysitting untill the Samson flap is down. If I were you I would look at the deals on Econoburn that come up & the occasional Wood Gun on Ebay & Tarm gasser also. If you want to PM I can talk more freely about pricing etc, Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.