Sold my OWB, Indoor Econoburn 200 should be here shortly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

goosegunner

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 15, 2009
WI
Just sold my OWB today. And my econoburn 200 should be here soon. 1000 gallon lp tank welded and ready to be picked up.

Hopefully I won't miss the simplicity of the old OWB too much. It will be nice to not have the smoke.

gg

Good going GG. This time of year it's not hard to sell used boilers. Keep us updated on the install, Randy

You will be pleasantly surprised when you fire the new beast. The hardest part for me was getting ahead so that the wood is properly dry. Also, before I changed I thought that having to split wood down smaller would be a major pain. What I have found out is that even though you spend a little more time splitting, you save more time in the long run by not needing twice as much.

Singed Eyebrows said:
Good going GG. This time of year it's not hard to sell used boilers. Keep us updated on the install, Randy

Yeah, I am glad I did it now instead of a few weeks. Listed it Sunday and buyer emailed within 15 minutes. Worked out perfect, came today and I had the farmer down the road load it on the trailer right in the field by my house. Tonight they are planting winter wheat in that same field.

Tomorrow, we start forming the concrete floor for the outbuilding and attached boiler room.

gg

Congratulations and good luck on the install!

pybyr said:
Congratulations and good luck on the install!

Thanks!

Dang things sure seem complicated to install properly.

My dad just retired from plumbing for almost 50 years. I just need a good schematic and we can assemble what we need. He did mostly commercial work with a lot of time in Hospitals doing Medical gas piping. First and only pex he used was some of my OWB stuff.

I will most likely contact a local steam fitter for some guidance on critical locations.

gg

Status
Not open for further replies.