SOME MAINTANENCE ADVICE!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MICHAEL H

Dec 24, 2009
se indiana
This will be my first full year of constant burning in my PE Pacific insert. Starting to think ahead to as to what you guys recomend as good maintanance after the burning season winds down. Obviously the chimney will get a good sweeping and scrubbing. How about the stove? You think I need to do anything special for proper care and to keep it in tiptop shape?

Replace the gasket when putting the baffle box back in. Look for cracked bricks. Check door gaskets.

And we usually also stuff some insulation into the flue. That also is about the time of year we spread the ashes (poor man's lime) on the vegetable garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.