Some Wood Gathering Pics From Around My Property.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsman416

Burning Hunk
Oct 10, 2013
Kingwood, NJ
I see a lot of pictures of monster tractors and skid steers and things dragging logs that need to be bucked up out of the woods. I really don't want to rip up my woods so I do my bucking on the spot. Large rounds usually get quartered and sometimes split right where they're bucked. Last thing to go is the chopping block. Here are some pictures of work I did this summer.

I was bucking this tree when all of a sudden it started standing up on me.

Awesome , nice equipment too !

Nice stuff....... Get that fire pit going......

Nice pics. We like pictures. I like that hook, I think I'll get one of them.
Great idea splitting on site. Saves the body some.

Here's something else I find a lot of in my woods. Hen-of-the-woods. I love these things and usually put up 15 to 20 lbs each fall.

Sulpher shelf too.

This one fell one one of my pasture fences. Lucky for me the horses headed to the barn instead of into the woods.

I see a lot of pictures of monster tractors and skid steers and things dragging logs that need to be bucked up out of the woods. I really don't want to rip up my woods so I do my bucking on the spot. Large rounds usually get quartered and sometimes split right where they're bucked. Last thing to go is the chopping block. Here are some pictures of work I did this summer.

There are not that many who use tractors and skid steers and actually not that many who drag their logs. And you won't tear up the ground if the ground is frozen or if you use a dray for hauling out the logs. Most do as you by bucking right in the woods. However, most will not do the splitting there but that is not a bad option.

Nice pictures. The only thing we disagree on is the chopping block. To me it adds work rather than assisting.

Status
Not open for further replies.