Something didnt smell right !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jim3854

Nov 20, 2011
Rhode island
Teen daughters sweatshirt was in her car all night and was cold. She decided to throw it from the stairs down to the pellet stove not looking where it went she continued to go do her hair. Wife comes out of our bathroom and said something is burning . This is what I found. We have a cast iron pot on top of the stove and the hood caught on it and the rest of the sweatshirt rested on the glass.

Attachments

• shan sweatshirt fire.jpg
    shan sweatshirt fire.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 210
Reminds me of the time my 12 year old grandson came in from playing in the snow. Stood in front of the stove and leaned his butt into the glass. Five seconds later, he was holding his pants away from his rear end saying that he didn't think the stove was that hot. He said I told him it wasn't like a wood stove where you couldn't touch the stove. Lesson learned, no damage. Can't say that about your daughter's sweatshirt!

Yikes. Glad it was just the sweatshirt and not the whole house.

This is a good wake up call to remind us that we're dealing with fire! We had two house fires in the "republic" last night. Good friend from work lost his house the day before Thanksgiving to a chimney fire. Be careful! Smoke alarms. Fire extinguishers. Keep an eye on yer stove.

Reactions: iceguy4
Looks like my down filled vest looked when I was loading the wood stove one night and smelled something burning. Looked over and I had opened the door straight out instead of wide open and my vest was impaled/melted on the edge of the door.

The house smelled like somebody set a duck on fire in here for days.

My night cloths, a nylon jogging suit, cotton lined, has more scares than a warrior, My wife wants me to get new stuff, but I just can't part with the warm, worn in, scared and comfy stuff i have.;)

Reactions: Countryboymo
Status
Not open for further replies.