Something different, wood fired stock tank de-icer.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Do they make them larger? If so it could double as a hot tub.

• Wow
Reactions: SwArMD
Might have to make that chicken proof and give it a shot.

Do they make them larger? If so it could double as a hot tub.
The heater or the stock tank? Heater was something I drew up and the neighbor welded. General concept could be sealed up or down I guess. It's not super fine tuned I adjust the air intake by partially plugging it with different sized rocks not as well thought out as my Kuma.

Reactions: ozarkoak
I really freaking like that. We have sheep too and I have been busting ice 10 times a day. Time to get started on that project. On of my ewes just lambed like an hour ago. Couldnt have waited 2 days for the cold to break. Hope it makes it.

I really freaking like that. We have sheep too and I have been busting ice 10 times a day. Time to get started on that project. On of my ewes just lambed like an hour ago. Couldnt have waited 2 days for the cold to break. Hope it makes it.
What breed? We have cheviots due to lamb in May. For extra heat or a longer burn I found a bunch of charcoal on marketplace for 2 bucks a bag.

What breed? We have cheviots due to lamb in May. For extra heat or a longer burn I found a bunch of charcoal on marketplace for 2 bucks a bag.
We have Katahdin/Dorper cross. We have another ewe ready to pop in a few days and another couple that look to be a little behind the rest probably in February. I hate winter lambs but I will take what I can get. We had a bad spring and our livestock dog died during spring lambing, we lost two lambs and I had to put down my favorite ewe because something literally tore off her face.

Here is momma and her new lamb. Got to love sub zero lambing.

momma.jpg

Wow. That’s cool. Would be fun to use that concept for a hot tub..

The heater or the stock tank? Heater was something I drew up and the neighbor welded. General concept could be sealed up or down I guess. It's not super fine tuned I adjust the air intake by partially plugging it with different sized rocks not as well thought out as my Kuma.
And then today I stumbled on this stove.
stove in boat.jpg

My buddy has a snorkel hot tub in Vermont. That might be what's in the hot tub boat? Basically a sealed woodstove underwater. He fills it from the stream nearby. Takes about a day of burning to get the water in the hot tub up to temp. in winter.

The OP design looks like a rocket stove.
Same idea as the snorkel stove but his rocket is Super simple and cheap to build. Love it.

Could be. The snorkel is made in WA.

My buddy has a snorkel hot tub in Vermont. That might be what's in the hot tub boat? Basically a sealed woodstove underwater. He fills it from the stream nearby. Takes about a day of burning to get the water in the hot tub up to temp. in winter.

The OP design looks like a rocket stove.
Same idea as the snorkel stove but his rocket is Super simple and cheap to build. Love it.
Yep basically the idea rocket stove but with a higher fuel load capacity. I was thinking of rigging up something to choke down the air intake for slower burns but for now ill just leave it.

Reactions: ozarkoak