Something interesting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

k0wtz

Nov 30, 2010
missouri
As I was setting watching tv the whilstling noise coming from our Vermont Castings Stardance B-Vent gas stove stopped. Now it sounds like a normal fan blowing... Sort of strange. But I did clean a huge amount of dog hair out of it p/o must have had a big dog of some sort!

This stove has 2 small fans mounted at the bottom of the stove in back they look like Dayton fans I wonder if those fans have sealed bearings?

Guess I am going to have to look closer to see what i have maybe they need oiling? The adventure with this stove continues!!!

As I was setting watching tv the whilstling noise coming from our Vermont Castings Stardance B-Vent gas stove stopped. Now it sounds like a normal fan blowing... Sort of strange. But I did clean a huge amount of dog hair out of it p/o must have had a big dog of some sort!

This stove has 2 small fans mounted at the bottom of the stove in back they look like Dayton fans I wonder if those fans have sealed bearings?

Guess I am going to have to look closer to see what i have maybe they need oiling? The adventure with this stove continues!!!

My experience as a gas fireplace repairman is that the fans in gas fireplaces are often hard to get at and clean, expensive. and not designed to be oiled. Good luck.... Maybe you will be among the lucky.

My experience as a gas fireplace repairman is that the fans in gas fireplaces are often hard to get at and clean, expensive. and not designed to be oiled. Good luck.... Maybe you will be among the lucky.
Well, this is a freestanding stove, so it’s not hard to get at. Easy to clean, that’s typically the problem.