Sometimes you get lucky

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krex1010

Minister of Fire
Jan 3, 2010
southeast pa
I was kinda worrying the other day because my wood pile is not making me feel great about this winter. Then in talking to a fellow down the road he said he had some wood from a few trees he cut two years ago. Says I can have it. I'm happy! I go look at it and it's about 2.5 cords of mostly hickory with a little walnut and white birch mixed in. All cut firewood length but unsplit. I'm thinking that sitting , neatly stacked as 16-18 inch rounds for two years I can split this stuff and burn it this year. I'm feeling much better now. Oh and I can drive right up to it, how sweet is that?

Doesn't get much better. Maybe you should of told him to split it first, then you'll take it. :lol:

Todd said:
Doesn't get much better. Maybe you should of told him to split it first, then you'll take it. :lol:

Yep... Split and De-Bark. Then you will pick it up... LOL

Great Score.

He actually told me I could split it in his yard so I didn't have to lift the heavy pieces, as long as I clean up after myself lol. Good guy , he is getting a few cases of yuengling for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.