Sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krooser

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2008
Waupaca, WI
www.rumblefest.net
Like when you need to move your stove alone...

I'm going to sell my corn/pellet burner and use that England that is next to it...

Mike H. is smiling right now.

That England belongs to my buddy Jim... he a member here having used that stove in his shop two seasons ago. Now he has moved and I've been storing his stove for him.

I got a good deal on that St. Croix corn burner but it's a better corn stove than a pellet stove... despite a thorough cleaning I could never get the great, clean burn (nor the heat) I get with my other St. Croix stove... and the the corn burner doesn't have the versa-grate that makes it so easy to use. The pellet pot is too small... and the corn pot seems to be too big.

If I wanted to I could swap out the two St. Croix's and put the Pepin in the shop where I need more heat. It will melt your face when set on #3. But I don't want to lose that versa-grate on my main stove.

So the Greenfield is going down the road...

Status
Not open for further replies.