Son of a BEECH!....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram 1500 with an axe...

Minister of Fire
Mar 26, 2013
New Jersey
I have a medium sized insert and I'm always experimenting with my wood ratios, I have been burning mostly Norway Maple with a lot of other stuff, I have A cord of red oak, black locust and beech, well tonite I loaded with only beech after having the insert run all day, I must say, this is the hottest I have gotten my room, does anyone else use beech on a regular bases or occasionally? Thanks for any and all input....

Yes - I've burned beech and have about 2 cord in the stacks now. Plentiful around here, but never seem to get a lot from scrounges. Same Family as the oaks and in my experience, burns nearly as well - long and hot. I'll take as much as I can get - beautiful tree, beautiful wood, and great burn! Cheers!

Beech is great fire wood, Can be tough to split at times, lots of knots, little ones.

Reactions: nrford
I have a Huskee 22.... So far nothing is tough to split.... :)
Thanks for your thoughts.....

I've only burned a stick or two that came with a load of purchased firewood, i.e. not enough to have developed an opinion. What I've read here is that it dries quickly for its density, but it's important to top-cover because it rots easily.

For me it's one of the more plentiful and better BTU wood. Love the stuff. Did learn though that loading my stove up with it, red oak and black locust makes for one very hot stove . . .

I'd burn more beech if we had some. Good firewood. But so is our ash and oak.

Love the Beech too. Like seeing what people's thoughts were carved into the bark:)

Status
Not open for further replies.