Special chainsaw problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jetsam

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2015
Long Island, NY
youtu.be
I see dumb chainsaw problems a few times a year, but once in a while one takes the cake and I have to post it here.

Today's issues:

1) "Chain fell off".

Image1449900267787859759.jpg

The tensioner peg has never visited the hole; chitty plastic tensioner was tightened until it broke. This is a near-miracle; SOMEONE READ PART OF THE INSTRUCTIONS AND TRIED TO TIGHTEN THE CHAIN! That's unusual.

Also, it's good that the chain fell off, because:

Image1727758343985833829.jpg

Yeah, we didn't read THAT much of the manual.

Okay, on to the next issue.

2) "Engine won't start".

You remember how we don't like putting oil in the bar oil tank? Welp, we also don't like mixing oil in the gas.

I guess it's not much of a loss, being a POS Poulan to start with, but that is an impressively fast way to total a saw using only extremely poor reading comprehension as a tool.

I see dumb chainsaw problems a few times a year, but once in a while one takes the cake and I have to post it here.

Today's issues:

1) "Chain fell off".

View attachment 227069

The tensioner peg has never visited the hole; chitty plastic tensioner was tightened until it broke. This is a near-miracle; SOMEONE READ PART OF THE INSTRUCTIONS AND TRIED TO TIGHTEN THE CHAIN! That's unusual.

Also, it's good that the chain fell off, because:

View attachment 227070

Yeah, we didn't read THAT much of the manual.

Okay, on to the next issue.

2) "Engine won't start".

You remember how we don't like putting oil in the bar oil tank? Welp, we also don't like mixing oil in the gas.

I guess it's not much of a loss, being a POS Poulan to start with, but that is an impressively fast way to total a saw using only extremely poor reading comprehension as a tool.
There is a good chance that they saved themselves from getting injured as well.

Reactions: AlbergSteve
... but it says “PRO” right on it!

the list of fails for X public is about as long as the federal tax code.

Like the guy who took his newly purchased chainsaw back to the shop where he had purchased it the day before. Handed it to the owner and said he wants his money back. He said the new saw was slower cutting than his ax. When the shop owner fired it up to check it out the buyer jumped back and yelled what the @#$%.

Last edited: