Special Prest-Logs offer to WA state folks from Homefire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Hearth Supporter
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Homefire has opened a new log making plant in Ferndale, WA. In order to set up the machines, they had to do several adjustment runs. As a result they have a limited quantity of seconds available at a great price. The logs are unpackaged and may not be full length. They must be picked up at the factory, no shipping available. Currently they have about 15 units @ 1200# apiece, available for $115 each. If you are interested, call Homefire at 1-877-580-1743 or our local call - 360-366-2200 or PM their rep here, member name - Yes, Virginia .

What is the regular price for these things? Are these the super dense square ones? Could you maybe link us to the Homefire reviews you did BG?

Highbeam said:
What is the regular price for these things? Are these the super dense square ones? Could you maybe link us to the Homefire reviews you did BG?

They are the super-dense logs, but round with a flat side. I don't know current pricing but in 2006 it was about $300 a pallet (1900#). Here's the wiki link:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/wiki/Home_Fire_Prest_Logs/

and an earlier posting when I first tried them:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/4763/P0/

you sure you got the member name correct? I have tried to PM 3 times keeps getting kicked back due to member name, I have tried removing the comma and messed with the spacing but no luck. Guess I will have to call, Man Ferndale is a way's away with these gas prices, any idea if can pick up on a Saturday?

Yep, works for me. Try to copy and paste the name in. It is literally - Yes, Virginia .

I thought of you when I was told about this offer. Yes it's a ways a way, but only about an hour north of you. Not too bad considering the savings.

I have cut and pasted your spelling numerous times, have also tried Yes,Virginia. Yes Virginia Yes Virginia. Yes, Virginia . and keep getting the same error message. Oh Well, I guess I need to call, Do you have a name at the plant?

Well Yahoo MAps say's Ferndale is 73 miles from me and 1hr 15min, I was thinking it was at least 2 hours, but they also say Marysville is 14 minutes from me, yeah maybe at 6AM on a Sunday

Anyway I burned quite a few N.I. Logs last winter just because I would use 1 or 2 before I went to work because the wife does not like messing with the stove, than I ran out of seasoned wood and used the N.I. ond pallets for that extended cold season we had. I am in much better shape this year as far as seasoned wood goes

I was toying with the idea of getting a pallet of N.I. Logs but that is like $270 or something close to that (I think a pallet is a ton/2000lbs) but I may be wrong

The price for the Homefires sounds ok, but it is under the 1 ton + factor in another $50 for gas is $165 Hmm, may need to re condsider, if I had a bigger truck I would go get 2 units, but I only have a mid sized nissan with a 6'6" bed, not sure if I could hold 2400 pounds, kinda doubt it

Maybe they would ship to Nome?

Jay777 said:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/member/1718/

When in doubt, just go to the member list (at the top) and sort by name.

That worked, thank you

That's a thought BB. They do ship by the pallet load to states where they are not competing with local dealerships. That was one of the reasons for moving to the states.

Elderthewelder said:
The price for the Homefires sounds ok, but it is under the 1 ton + factor in another $50 for gas is $165 Hmm, may need to re condsider, if I had a bigger truck I would go get 2 units, but I only have a mid sized nissan with a 6'6" bed, not sure if I could hold 2400 pounds, kinda doubt it

That is way over the Nissan's rating. Might be rental truck time.

Maybe I should balloon on up there and git me some. Rick

What's the trailer rating on that hog? :)

BeGreen said:
What's the trailer rating on that hog? :)

Well, on mine, it's zero. I could put a few logs in saddlebags, though...except that's where the beer goes. %-P Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.