Speedydry for wood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigcube

Feb 27, 2008
Upstate NY
I wish there was such a thing. I was attempting to burn wood I split in April and may and stacked in June with out much luck. Dad wasn't going to be using his fireplace this year so we worked a trade.... Thanks Dad!

Out with a load of "new"
FirewoodTrade1.jpg

And in with a load of OLD... this is 10+ years old, the stove is cruising at 500 °F :cheese:
FirewoodTrade2.jpg

I think you owe your dad some more wood.

ansehnlich1 said:
ummmm hmmmm, you made out real good on that deal!

Did ya stack it for him?
Yes, I did. Notice my load is 4 rows, his is 3. His are longer cuts but the volume was the same. I'll fill up the rest of his rack in the spring.

I will bring him more in the spring. He’s spending his retirement in another state.

Just curious - does Dad know that the trade happened? :)

Bigcube, Do you have a moisture meter to put on that 10yo wood? I'd like to know what it shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.