Spend my money

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck I bought the 460 and ported it stright out of the box. Its not going to pull strong with a 32 or bigger but darn sure know it kicks @ss with a 28 in.
I think and feel its a stronger saw then a 660 in this range.

Don't let these knuckle dragging, chest thumpers scare ya. ;-)

I would evaluate your use. Is a 24/25" bar gonna be on your saw 10% of the time? If so a 391, or better yet a 362 will do it fine. You will not be a race saw, but do you want to race? I have a 361 that spends the majority of the time strapped to an 18" bar. On occasion I need the 25". It will perform respectably pulling the 25" buried in white oak. Can you stall it? If you try, but run a sharp chain and let the saw do the work, and you will get the job done.

Jags said:
Don't let these knuckle dragging, chest thumpers scare ya. ;-)

I would evaluate your use. Is a 24/25" bar gonna be on your saw 10% of the time? If so a 391, or better yet a 362 will do it fine. You will not be a race saw, but do you want to race? I have a 361 that spends the majority of the time strapped to an 18" bar. On occasion I need the 25". It will perform respectably pulling the 25" buried in white oak. Can you stall it? If you try, but run a sharp chain and let the saw do the work, and you will get the job done.

I agree!

460 with a 2 ft bar is hard to beat from any angle--------------- plunge cutting big trees with a 3 ft bar all day may take a a 660, but other then that it's like humping a pig [M60] verse a SAW

Status
Not open for further replies.