spiders dying off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I haven’t really noticed near me. To be honest I’ve noticed the opposite. A lot more daddy long legs last year than I’ve seen before, and a lot more black spiders in my wood piles.

i live near water,when we first moved in there were spider all over the lamp posts all along the eaves,pretty much everywhere.now i see almost zero and thers no spraying going on.only thing i noticed is they would come out in the middle of winter in a warm up then temperature would drop like a rock.maybe die off with temp fluctuation

Here, we have spiders in spades... House spiders that are bigger than chickens, wolf spiders that drag your yungins away in the middle of the night. Lots daddy long legs, too. We don't mind. You live in the woods, you learn to live with them, not against them. The orb weavers are especially stunning in early fall.

Reactions: Pinesmoke
My garage is a haven for spiders - mostly daddy longlegs but a few others. Plenty of spiders in the plants and grass last summer (could see spider webs in the grass in the early morning dew.

Here, we have spiders in spades... House spiders that are bigger than chickens, wolf spiders that drag your yungins away in the middle of the night. Lots daddy long legs, too. We don't mind. You live in the woods, you learn to live with them, not against them. The orb weavers are especially stunning in early fall.
Me as well just north of you. Last summer there was a house spider trying to get in the place that I thought was a mouse running along the wall. I thought my wife was going to wet herself.

• Haha
Reactions: BobcatBranch
Me as well just north of you. Last summer there was a house spider trying to get in the place that I thought was a mouse running along the wall. I thought my wife was going to wet herself.
All good. Not much for brown recluse here, and the widows usually stay hidden. Just gotta be careful rooting around the shed and such. Had a wolf spider bite last year on my forearm. It got warm and swollen a little, but was fine in 2 days. Itched a lot. I was on his turf at time, so fair game.