Split a cord and stacked half of it...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burntime

Aug 18, 2006
C'mon hunting season!
Why in the heck do I wait for 90 degrees and high humidity? The stacked pile is 5ft plus high and a little over 8 foot long to give an idea. The 22 ton spee co just keeps on going! All this on one tank of fuel too!

Attachments

• wood1.jpg
    wood1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 261
  • wood2.jpg
    wood2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 268
Good looking stack job Burntime.......

Thanks, I have finally gotten to the point that it stays up :p I just realized, when I put in the new hampton I figured 2.5 years for payback and then I was ahead... I think I am going into year 6. I need to get going on next years...

Nice job, feels like you did more when it's that hot out.

zap

thats a lot of wood in this heat. i dont mind working in the heat as long as im not bothered by mosquitos. pete

I actually dump some misquito beater in a watering can with some water and sprinkle the area...that stuff really works!

Thermacell is the way to beat the skeeters.

Burntime, we usually stack 4 1/2 feet maximum which will shrink down to 4' within a year. Our stacks don't fall over.

A little more stacking today. A lot of work for little production. Second pile is 8ft long on the back and only a little over half way up or 3-4 ft. Man humidity sucks!

Attachments

• wood3.jpg
    wood3.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 145
Backwoods Savage said:
Thermacell is the way to beat the skeeters.

Burntime, we usually stack 4 1/2 feet maximum which will shrink down to 4' within a year. Our stacks don't fall over.

After talking with my sister she surprised me by sending me a Thermacell for my birthday . . . haven't had an opportunity to try it out yet though.

burntime said:
Why in the heck do I wait for 90 degrees and high humidity?

Because that way you'll appreciate it all the more when you use it!

;-)

I cut, split, and stacked this weekend, and I split with a maul and a wedge. It was 93F, which is a bit cooler than it was a week ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.