splitter daptor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bill2500hd

Sep 28, 2013
elmira ny
Tried the adaptor for splitting stringy wood today, seams to work pretty well , I'll see in time. took a video but can't figure how to put it on the forum. If anyone makes one I can only suggest make it as heavy duty as you can. I made this to slip on the back of the splitter. The rear plate is or was used to hold rail on a railroad tie, found it on my property.

I think I would have loved that splitting hackberry. The only possible downside I can think of is that there's not that much travel on my 5 ton electric. It's about 20". So I'd have trouble with the inevitable long pieces. The downstairs old-timers (me and the stove) can accept a 25" long split when necessary.

I just hate having to take 2" off a piece when I'd rather get on with my life. :)

To post a video you need to post it on youtube or some other site where you can post pictures or videos then paste a link to it on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.