1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Splitter

Post in 'The Gear' started by nate379, Mar 28, 2013.

1. nate379

nate379 Guest

I bought this splitter a few weeks ago for a good price. Needed a bit of TLC, but nothing a few afternoons and couple bucks couldn't fix.

I didn't like that there was no place to "store" a big split chunk while splitting the other piece so I came up with a table for it. Total cost was about $20 for some bolts and paint. All the metal I dug out of the scrap pile (I rarely throw metal out!)

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. nate379

nate379 Guest

Uh, ok. Not sure why other pics loaded up as well. No idea where that red car is from?! The orange one is mine, but it was in my email....?!
    Pallet Pete and ScotO like this.
  3. ScotO

ScotO Guest

_g Admit it, Nate.....the red car is yours. You're just embarrassed to say so.....;lol
    My buddy has a Lotus Elise, also. Same color and all. Cool little car, that puppy chit-n-gits!!
    Handles the mountain roads like a magnet, too.

Nice to see you are finally posting some pictures. Now how 'bout getting rid of that pink-cat with the blue face and putting a nice homemade avatar up there, too!!:p;)
    Pallet Pete likes this.
  4. ScotO

ScotO Guest

BTW, what kind of splitter is it? Sure looks a lot like my Swisher 22 ton......
    Nice mod on the log bed....I'm sure it'll work great!
  5. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Looking good. Nice job on the table.
    4 way is nice.
    Brand of splitter ?
    What happened to your other one?
  6. nate379

nate379 Guest

I made that avatard. It's from a Windows computer background actually. :p

Splitter is a 28 ton Swisher. 11.5 hp Breaks and Scatters and a 16gpm pump. Bought it from a firewood place in Los Anchorage, Best Split I think is the name. They dropped 100k on a processor and didn't need the 7-8 splitters they had anymore. I picked the best one out of the bunch.

Sold the other splitter to a friend.
    Jack Fate and ScotO like this.
  7. ScotO

ScotO Guest

I've been using my Swisher for 3 years and it's been a good machine for the money. Best 800 bucks I've spent in a while.....
    chvymn99 likes this.
  8. chvymn99

chvymn99 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kansas
    Ive been happy with my swisher too. Good little machines... I like that table you made, for when I would split horizontal. But most of the time I'm vertical splitting.
    ScotO likes this.
  9. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

[​IMG]

So you found something to haul that 2-3 cords? :p

That table looks bombproof.
    chvymn99 and ScotO like this.
  10. nate379

nate379 Guest

Only time I'll use it vertical is to break apart big pieces into ones that I can lift without too much trouble. That might be 5-6 pieces in 10-15 cords.