Spring Stinks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolidge

Dec 16, 2008
Maine
I hope the weather turns around here quickly, 44 at 11 am and still raining. 8 DAYS STRAIGHT my dry wood isnt so dry anymore.

+10000, seems to be turning for the better here.

Since April 1, in NE PA, we have had 70% of the days with some sort of rain. I am with ya, we need a week or 2 or sun.

Shawn

Just had a 900-acre wildfire on the outskirts of town a few days ago. Because dwellings were threatened, they hopped right on that puppy and had it mostly under control, I think. Heard rain on the roof this morning, and lay abed for a few minutes enjoying the sound--then remembered I hadn't cleaned the gutter yet this spring--so there I was on a ladder enjoying our first spring rainfall. You all can send a little more of that this way, okay?

I was heading back to plant some corn today. The weather was nice this morning, albeit muggy, but as soon as I headed back it started clouding up and then I heard thunder. It really came on fast! I did make it back before getting wet but it rained like crazy. We too have had plenty but not as bad as some of you folks.

Snowleopard, that is not good to hear about wildfires already. It must have dried fast after snow melt.

We all can be thankful we don't live in Joplin, MO. I really feel for those folks. It looks terrible down there and they are getting more storms today.

Status
Not open for further replies.