Spring Stove Sales???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BurnIt13

Minister of Fire
Jun 10, 2010
Central MA
It looks like our wood stove purchase has been pushed out a few months (again) and we will likely be past the winter season when we pull the trigger. I'm estimating around March/April. I'm wondering if this may be a blessing in disguise....

To those of you who frequent your local stove shops.....do they stoves go on sale in spring to reduce inventory? Is it just wishfull thinking? I've heard Home Depot/Lowes reduces thier prices for the Englander/Pleasent hearth stove bust I'm really gunning for a PE T5 :)

I am unsure of Lowes/Home Depot having sales but that makes sense. I know I bought my stove, this past spring. Bought a floor model, in the spring, and got a pretty damn good deal. There is another advantage to spring purchase, it is easier to get it installed. It seems that many people don't plan prior to heating season, and the installers get really busy come fall and winter.

The spring weather is more favorable for the install. It amazes me the stories I have heard from the installers about people getting upset because they wouldn't climb on a 2 story roof, covered with ice and snow. Ummm no I chose not to risk my life. Then it dominoes out so every install is pushed further back. You get the idea.

Now the disadvantage is the tax credit you get this year. Will prices go down enough to make up for that? Who knows.

When ever you pull the trigger, you will be thinking, "Why didn't I do this before?" At least that is what I thought and I would venture to say many new burners have thought.

Another bonus to waiting - get your wood sourced and stacked now...

Status
Not open for further replies.