Spruce Pointe Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomPajak

Mar 1, 2007
Amsterdam,NY
Just bought these at Stock Building Supply in Rotterdam NY at $6.45/bag..NO TAX...these are AWESOME!!!PELLETS!!!
can't believe the difference from Forrest Pride,Lignetics,Barefoots,Freedom,Fireside Ultra Pellets...VERY VERY LITTLE ASH..woooooot...found a favorite..how can't these be awesome..read the company description

Vanderwell Contractors Ltd.

International Private company
PO Box 415, Slave Lake, AB T0G 2A0, Canada
(780)8493824, (780)8492530 fax,
Primary SIC: Sawmills & Planing Mills, General, Primary NAICS: Sawmills
Description: Manufacturing: Custom sawmill; manufactures organic rocket engine fuel

THESE GUYS MAKE ORGANIC ROCKET FUEL!!!!!..put it in my pellets boys!!.....

Last November I ordered 4 tons of pellets from Eldridge Lumber in York Maine through their Kittery Ace store. As usual what brand I was to receive was dependent on what their suppliers were sending. As it turned out, I ended up with 4 tons of "Spruce Pointe" pellets, which I had never heard of before, but have been burning all season. I will say that they have burned quite nicely and seem to burn very hot. Although I agree that the ash amount is low, the only issues I have with them is that each bag has a little sawdust in it, and they are rather dusty. When I put them in the stove, in our living room, a little cloud of dust gets caught by the convection fan and is distributed around the house. Needless to say I've been doing a bit more vacuuming and dusting this season!
If presented with this brand again I'd take them, so I guess I'm recommending them as HarmanP68 has above. Just be ready to do a little more house cleaning! :coolsmirk:

Kittery said:
Last November I ordered 4 tons of pellets from Eldridge Lumber in York Maine through their Kittery Ace store. As usual what brand I was to receive was dependent on what their suppliers were sending. As it turned out, I ended up with 4 tons of "Spruce Pointe" pellets, which I had never heard of before, but have been burning all season. I will say that they have burned quite nicely and seem to burn very hot. Although I agree that the ash amount is low, the only issues I have with them is that each bag has a little sawdust in it, and they are rather dusty. When I put them in the stove, in our living room, a little cloud of dust gets caught by the convection fan and is distributed around the house. Needless to say I've been doing a bit more vacuuming and dusting this season!
If presented with this brand again I'd take them, so I guess I'm recommending them as HarmanP68 has above. Just be ready to do a little more house cleaning! :coolsmirk:
alittle?..lol...
my god I haven't seen this much sawdust since I built my deck..lol...
just kidding..but yea there is definetly more sawdust than anyother brand I've used..and they cling to the sides like crazy..but so far are working great

Yeah...I forgot to pu in the part about how they cling to the sides of the hooper. I have to remember to open it up a few times a day and push them into the middle! I almost had it go out this morning because I forgot to do that! I was down to a few embers and sparks before I got the auger to get some pellets in the burn pot. Great save or I would have been late to work waiting to get it started up again! :coolsmirk:

A while back I bought 20 bags at $5 a bag, haven't burned any yet, maybe next year if oil goes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.