Squeaky bypass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2008
northshore ma
Does your stove squeak/squeal when engaging or disengaging the bypass lever? Or is it just me? Is this normal for a Cat stove?

Does your stove squeak/squeal when engaging or disengaging the bypass lever? Or is it just me? Is this normal for a Cat stove?
Squeaking isn't "normal" for a BK, but it doesn't mean there's an issue really either.
That lever is attached to a cable that runs on a pulley. So it's a metal cable, that moves a metal pulley, that is attached to a metal damper plate. What i'm saying is there is a lot of metal that could squeak at some point. If it gets hard to move then you should be concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.