St Croix insert squealing auger noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastian

Hearth Supporter
Dec 20, 2008
Hudson Valley
I've had the stove for a year and a half with no problems. I bought it online, because no one locally sold them. I run it all the time & it heats the house well. I clean it regularly. Dust does not seem to be too bad.

A week ago it started making a very annoying squealing sound which seemed to relate to the auger. I called the local dealer (who is great by the way). He sent a guy who didn't think there was a problem. Three days later, stove shut down with no pellets from auger. They came & replaced auger motor. It almost imeadiatly started doing the same thing. They pulled the stove again and pulled the auger out and thoroughly cleaned and lubricated everything. I noticed that the caulk? sealent? in the pellet hopper by auger shaft is loose.

It ran fine for 3 days and has once again started making the same noise. I'm afraid auger motor will burn out again. I've called the dealer again & I'm sure he'll come promptly, however does anyone out there have an idea of what's happening

Thanks for any help!

You need to lube the versa cam on the versa grate!! use high temp never seize.. Follow the rod from the burn pot back inside the guts of the stove and lube cam...

Status
Not open for further replies.