St. Croix Prescott problems - newbie owner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scottymon

Jan 23, 2014
Chambersburg PA
Purchased a used stove from a friend and had it professionally installed yesterday - was cleaned and serviced - but it over-feeds pellets and creates too much fire, some of the ignited pellets even spill over into the ash catcher. I've tried different damper settings but the problem remains - maybe slightly better with wider damper opening. The dealer where my friend purchased the stove is out of business. Any ideas how I can fix this problem?

thanks!

Right now I have it running without the thermostat - pulled the wires from the control board and the stove is feeding properly with a good flame - I can adjust the heat output setting from 1 to 5 but changing the setting seems to make no difference - wondering if it's just on low. Green power light is flashing as normal indicating no thermostat. The manual is short on information - can the stove be run without the thermostat?

Looked again at both the installation and operation manuals - nothing on a three way switch on control panel. Looked at panel and didn't see anything either. Could you upload a pic of the page of your manual showing the switch?

Go to wwwstcroixstoves.com You can look up manuals,and the updated control panel.it does not show the older non switch manual.Stove probably way older than 3 years,never been updated.So I cannot help you much more,but maybe you will find enough info on their website.Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.