St Croix York owners....what's your favorite pellet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skibumm100

Feeling the Heat
For the St Croix York owners, what pellets do you like? I'm in southern NH and I'm pellet shopping. I can't try them in my stove yet (cause it's not installed) and I would like to get some pellets while they're still plentiful. I have some NEWP's that came with the stove (bought used) and I've seen GT's, GS's, Maine Choice and Fireside Ultra's at the local big box stores. I live near Derry. Since the Versa-grate burnpot is a little different than some stoves, does it help burning certain pellets? My guess would be "no" and that it's a gimmick when burning wood pellets. Just looking for a place to start with pellets, although I do have some NEWP's.

TIA

I have a St Croix, but not the York. Is the York a multifuel stove?

I really can't recommend any pellets for you since I live in a different part of the country and don't have those brands, but I can say that our stove being a multi fuel and having the versa grate can tackle just about any type of pellet we throw at it and burn them well without clinkers.

York burns just about everything good. The versagrate is a must in this stove it really reduces clinker and pot buildup.

I love the versagrate! Just make sure to keep it well lubricated to avoid noise issues.

I found hardwoods work best in my York. I really like Barefoot for hardwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.