Stacked the birch today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
Stacking done unless I get a chance to go out & cut again.
For some reason I feel the urge. Never have enough wood I guess.
8° early this AM. Got up to 28° by the time I was done stacking.
Over 70' long, roughly 4-1/2' high, gotta be close to 6 to 7 cords there.
New 1-1/2 row added today: ... . . . . . . . . The long rows:
DSCF0035.JPG DSCF0037.JPG

Mtns over today's stack:
DSCF0041.JPG

Wow...Just Wow! Dave you are a machine man:)

Wow - that seems like a lot of wood but i assume its all relative. That would be a couple of years worth for me but a few months for you? i love the way you can stack so straight and all the splits look the same. mine are all different in size length species BUT its all good BTU's ;)

Keep up the good work nice work.

Some great looking stocks. Nice pic of those mountains. Do you cover those stacks

whats up with the pole sticking thru the middle of the stacks?

Some great looking stocks. Nice pic of those mountains. Do you cover those stacks

It will stay out there on covered until sometime in August 2013. Then to the wood shed to fill up the remaining section for 14/15 & almost fill the section I use this winter & it will be for 15/16.

whats up with the pole sticking thru the middle of the stacks?

Stability. They tie the 2 rows (that are spaced about 12") together so they don't wobble & fall. That's the plan anyway.
I tie them together every 6 to 8'. Helps with stability for normal movement & shrinkage.

Last year a buddy's stacks fell when we had an earthquake. So far mine have stayed up thru the small quakes.
The big one is due, but hope it never comes.
Not sure that these stacks or the stacks in the wood shed would be standing if we ever get ....**"The Big One"**

If you really feel like cutting I have about 7 cords in log length I need to get cut and split. ;) Likely will be working on it this weekend provided it's not too cold or windy.

Impressive!

Keep cutting Dave but keep that really cold air up there please.

Reactions: NYLife
Awesome dave, awesome! I'll take that cold air over this damn hurricane headed our way. I might have to add a couple more splits to holds down the tarps.be well

You know you want some of that cold air so u can crank up that stove ⛄

Ha! I can wait until January if that is possible.

Looks like a firewood factory! But honestly, beautiful stacks and those mountains. Hope your winter isn't as severe as last year.
Take care,
Tim

Looks like a firewood factory! But honestly, beautiful stacks and those mountains. Hope your winter isn't as severe as last year.
Take care,
Tim

Just trying to catch up with you ;)

You put some serious hard work in those stacks Dave! Great job! Great pics!

If you really feel like cutting I have about 7 cords in log length I need to get cut and split. ;) Likely will be working on it this weekend provided it's not too cold or windy.

LOL "Cold &/or windy." ;lol
With the big high pressure that's over our area, cold & wind is a given.

Storing up winter weather to send south in a few weeks ;)

Awesome dave, awesome! I'll take that cold air over this damn hurricane headed our way. I might have to add a couple more splits to holds down the tarps.be well

Been watching the track forecast. Didn't youns have one come thru about this time last fall?
Rain was the biggest problem then,
Keep your wood dry ;)

Take care,
Tim

I will double that "Hope"

You put some serious hard work in those stacks Dave! Great job! Great pics!

Thanks, I haven't taken Ibuprofen for 2 days, now I'm feeling the sorness.
Getting too old to work that hard, but still had fun & got warmed up & every moringi I look out the window at the stacks & wood shed.
The sore muscles & other aches & pains feel better then :)

I think you better get another load Dave.............but ya get to do it now. Novemeber will be too late.

Thinking about it. Next week if the weather is good, some of the aches & pains reduce some, I may go get another load or 2 ;)
Gotta get it while the sun shines & before the snows come :)
"Never have enough or to much wood."

Reactions: NYLife
Status
Not open for further replies.