Stainless Steel Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berone

Sep 17, 2007
Peekskill, NY
I'm researching the installation of a liner for my chimney. I'll have to have my roofing guy do it with me, since I have a slate roof and nobody goes up there but him. A local distributor near me has a flexible stainless steel liner kit that comes to $612 with tax. One of the fireplace dealers has one for $650 before tax. I can get one from an ebay store (http://cgi.ebay.com/Stainless-Steel...in_0?hash=item53dd0ebd7b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14) for $450, delivered. Does anybody know Rockford Chimney Supply in South Lyon, Michigan? I favor saving $162 but am opposed to wasting $450.

Thanks,
Anthony

Never mind! I just searched the forum for the company name and sound a lot of good comments. Sorry I didn't do that sooner and that I was unable to delete the posting.

No problem - we cover many topics ad nauseum...just search for 'how to clean glass', 'what to do with ashes', 'do I need a block off plate', etc. Your title got me thinking about what it would be like to have an actual stove made out of stainless steel! Would be pretty cool. I'm sure the top would go black from the heat, but should have a pretty nice 'rainbow' of tempering colors down the sides.

cozy heat said:
No problem - we cover many topics ad nauseum...just search for 'how to clean glass', 'what to do with ashes', 'do I need a block off plate', etc. Your title got me thinking about what it would be like to have an actual stove made out of stainless steel! Would be pretty cool. I'm sure the top would go black from the heat, but should have a pretty nice 'rainbow' of tempering colors down the sides.

i think supreme fireplaces make their zc fireplaces outta stainless

Status
Not open for further replies.