Stainless Steel liner changing colors

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJ273

Minister of Fire
Feb 15, 2015
Maryland
I've had my insert for almost a year now. The other day I noticed that the stainless steel liner was turning a copper color just about the connection to the stove in the rear. Not sure if the rest of the pipe is changing color as well because it is wrapped in insulation. Should I be concerned about the color change?

nope it is normal

I guess "STAINLESS" really isn't then.o_O

Yeah both of my liners have that golden sheen from bottom to top.

Ok good. I was afraid I was overfiring
You could be but some discoloring of the stainless is normal. You said it is just copper colored? That usually isnt bad if it was blue that typically means it got pretty hot

You could be but some discoloring of the stainless is normal. You said it is just copper colored? That usually isnt bad if it was blue that typically means it got pretty hot
Yes. Like a light tan color. Nothing blue that I can see so far.

I would say no problem then

Status
Not open for further replies.