1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Starting a new stack

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Hills Hoard, May 5, 2013.

1. Hills Hoard

Hills Hoard Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Melbourne, Australia
    I needed to find another site to start seasoning wood. 1) because my main stack is technically on a section of our driveway, and 2) the wife said I have to. :mad: ....

I chose to run it along this fence line which runs north to south so my wood pile will get morning sun on one side and afternoon sun on the other. The area also gets a lot of wind because the valley below is cleared.

So i scored some pallets on the weekend and began leveling the area...i plan on putting in around 8 pallets along the fence line...i have put the pallets here on a raised bed with a small gutter around to get rid of any water.......Any new wood that i hoard this winter is going to be split and stacked here... :)

If anyone has any tips or can spot something that I have done here that is wrong I would love to hear it.

Cheers

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Auzzie Gumtree

Auzzie Gumtree Feeling the Heat

looking good - how many pallets are you going to use? I started off with 4 this time last year and i think i am up to 40 now........... whatever you think you might need make it bigger.
    Hills Hoard likes this.
  3. Hills Hoard

Loc:
    Melbourne, Australia
    I was thinking laying 8 pallets along that fence.... and have 2 rows of wood. I only have 6 pallets in total....where did you get your pallets?...i asked some guys our the back of The Good Guys in fountain gate when we picked up a new fridge on the weekend....
  4. Auzzie Gumtree

Auzzie Gumtree Feeling the Heat

5. Hills Hoard

Loc:
    Melbourne, Australia
    nice one, cheers!