Starting a new stack

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hills Hoard

Minister of Fire
Mar 19, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
I needed to find another site to start seasoning wood. 1) because my main stack is technically on a section of our driveway, and 2) the wife said I have to. :mad: ....

I chose to run it along this fence line which runs north to south so my wood pile will get morning sun on one side and afternoon sun on the other. The area also gets a lot of wind because the valley below is cleared.

So i scored some pallets on the weekend and began leveling the area...i plan on putting in around 8 pallets along the fence line...i have put the pallets here on a raised bed with a small gutter around to get rid of any water.......Any new wood that i hoard this winter is going to be split and stacked here... :)

If anyone has any tips or can spot something that I have done here that is wrong I would love to hear it.

Cheers

Attachments

• 20130504_131225.jpg
    20130504_131225.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 20130504_131252.jpg
    20130504_131252.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 20130505_153209.jpg
    20130505_153209.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 91
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 70
looking good - how many pallets are you going to use? I started off with 4 this time last year and i think i am up to 40 now........... whatever you think you might need make it bigger.

Reactions: Hills Hoard
I was thinking laying 8 pallets along that fence.... and have 2 rows of wood. I only have 6 pallets in total....where did you get your pallets?...i asked some guys our the back of The Good Guys in fountain gate when we picked up a new fridge on the weekend....

Status
Not open for further replies.