status light blinking 3 times

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceguy4

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2011
Upstate, NY
We got a cold spell comming and I filled my PB 105 only to find a fault code. (status light blinking 3 times) Checked online and it says ESP probe... pulled it and cleaned it , reset by turning off and back on. seems to be OK now. A question I have is do you push the cleaning rods while the blower is on? Did I do the right thing?

We got a cold spell comming and I filled my PB 105 only to find a fault code. (status light blinking 3 times) Checked online and it says ESP probe... pulled it and cleaned it , reset by turning off and back on. seems to be OK now. A question I have is do you push the cleaning rods while the blower is on? Did I do the right thing?
When cleaning the unit out, be careful not to bend the ESP probe. It should be removed and cleaned with a small brush. You can clean the rods while the unit is running, what ever ash loosened by the rods should get exhausted out by the combustion blower at that time.

A question I have is do you push the cleaning rods while the blower is on? Did I do the right thing?
I do, I clean the ESP every couple weeks.

I would get one as a back up.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.