Stay Safe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bunch of ice here with a light snow cap. 20 degrees. Just finished clearing and salting the long and steep (in parts) driveway. Had about a 1/4" of ice covering it with about a half an inch of snow on top of the ice. I here everyone up in the north east might get pounded with a bunch. Good Luck & Stay Warm!

Bunch of ice here with a light snow cap. 20 degrees. Just finished clearing and salting the long and steep (in parts) driveway. Had about a 1/4" of ice covering it with about a half an inch of snow on top of the ice. I here everyone up in the north east might get pounded with a bunch. Good Luck & Stay Warm!
There calling for up to 26 inches here in central new hampshire

Anywhere from 16-26" forecast for my area. Had a small storm Saturday of about 4", then next Friday expect another smaller storm, just bookends for the Nor'easter. Hoping power stays on for everyone!

We are in the 24" circle here on the upper Cape ( 10"-18" last time I looked at the warnings, the big weather map just nicks us with 24"), possible change over to some rain for a short time in the morning and then right back to snow. The big issue is the wind though with heavy snow like that, up to 70-80 MPH gusts are predicted here on Cape Cod. 35-40 MPH sustained. I will have extra gas on hand for the generator, sounds like we will need it.

Last edited:
As much as I would rather have snow covering roads than ice I will be content with what we have here.;) OUCH! Looks like you all are going to get it good. Glad it is all up there where it belongs instead of here. Salt and beet juice trucks are running by now here and schools are on a 2 hour delay due to icy roads. Drop in the bucket on the crap you all are getting.

Yesterday it rained all day long so if that is heading your way and doesn't die down then I'd say you all will get a lot. Miserable stuff. I feel for you all.

Those heavy snows and then icy rains etc; play hell on everything. Be Safe!

As much as I would rather have snow covering roads than ice I will be content with what we have here.;) OUCH! Looks like you all are going to get it good. Glad it is all up there where it belongs instead of here. Salt and beet juice trucks are running by now here and schools are on a 2 hour delay due to icy roads. Drop in the bucket on the crap you all are getting.

Yesterday it rained all day long so if that is heading your way and doesn't die down then I'd say you all will get a lot. Miserable stuff. I feel for you all.

Those heavy snows and then icy rains etc; play hell on everything. Be Safe!
Wed will come either way and it will be all over..

Wed will come either way and it will be all over..

Agreed. I also think the media hypes and stirs the kettle more than necessary. My sister's neighbor is one of the local meteorologists with a big fluffy ego. Thinks he is some George Clooney celeb or something. Jack Wagon! Clown is a dude that wears makeup to look pretty for the news. I give him grief every time I see him too. LOL! He avoids me when I go over for visits to my sister's. I say stuff like "what kind of poker hand you playing today?" And "you look awful purdy in lip stick and blush. Looks like the fancy Doppler Radar trick ya again!" I cut him zero slack and like to beat him down a few notches. It has become a sport over the years. If he wasn't so arrogant and pompous I'd let him slide. Dude thinks he is special but fails to recognize what a nelly tool he is. He's a movie star in his mind. LOL!

School was on a 2 hr. delay and now cancelled now due to icy roads. The snow was insignificant at best but everything was glazed nicely with ice. Pretty soon we will be on emergency alerts when it is sunny and 70* outside. You might sizzle away and go poof! If you aren't prepared with $200 shades, sun screen, and a new protective hat. Big snows can present some dangers but these folks need to be realistic. Better start building your arks for the rain this spring! Pack those Swimmies behind the hub caps so your car doesn't sink.;lol

Reactions: Beaudeen
Agreed. I also think the media hypes and stirs the kettle more than necessary. My sister's neighbor is one of the local meteorologists with a big fluffy ego. Thinks he is some George Clooney celeb or something. Jack Wagon! Clown is a dude that wears makeup to look pretty for the news. I give him grief every time I see him too. LOL! He avoids me when I go over for visits to my sister's. I say stuff like "what kind of poker hand you playing today?" And "you look awful purdy in lip stick and blush. Looks like the fancy Doppler Radar trick ya again!" I cut him zero slack and like to beat him down a few notches. It has become a sport over the years. If he wasn't so arrogant and pompous I'd let him slide. Dude thinks he is special but fails to recognize what a nelly tool he is. He's a movie star in his mind. LOL!

School was on a 2 hr. delay and now cancelled now due to icy roads. The snow was insignificant at best but everything was glazed nicely with ice. Pretty soon we will be on emergency alerts when it is sunny and 70* outside. You might sizzle away and go poof! If you aren't prepared with $200 shades, sun screen, and a new protective hat. Big snows can present some dangers but these folks need to be realistic. Better start building your arks for the rain this spring! Pack those Swimmies behind the hub caps so your car doesn't sink.;lol
I neglected to mention that on Wed we can assess the damage, lol.. The media definitely over hypes , no question. But too, some people ( citizens) get complacent and in the right conditions lot's of people lose their homes, even lives. It's up to us to take the service provided for what it is, a service provided. On Cape Cod it may or may not be reliable. We have the added feature of the Atlantic Ocean in our back or front yards and right now that is in the mid 40 deg range. That can have a huge effect on things, in a couple of ways, be that favorable or unfavorable.

I don't know your sisters neighbor and so would reserve comment. However, I do know where Anyone can leave a big ego. That would be at the cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.