Sticks and small rounds

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those rounds will be fine to burn, and what size depends on how much work you want to put into it. You could pick up sticks all day for kindling. Like some others have said I usually take down to about 2" when I'm in the woods but if I'm tired I don't bother. In terms of burning I do have some rounds that are 5-6" as they are good for overnight fires, but I usually split those once if they're not too hard.

if he had to drag the load together to help her on short notice when she needed it, and there was overage why would you fault him at all?

if he had to drag the load together to help her on short notice when she needed it, and there was overage why would you fault him at all?
Sticks and small rounds

Because I feel it is ethical to let someone know that over half of the delivery is going to be unsplit rounds prior to delivering it and charging full price. When you're buying "cut split and delivered" you expect it to be split. Aside from the sticks over half of the remaining were rounds 2-6".

we laughed that half the stuff she just payed for was smaller than the brush pile we've been burning off.

Like I said, well buy from him again in the spring but we will not accept another delivery like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.