Stihl 026 Mod...need help please!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jutt77

Feeling the Heat
Dec 18, 2010
Bailey, Colorado
Jay, are you around?

I modded my 026 muffler and swapped the fixed jet intellicarb for a brand spanking new WT194 and swapped the end cover to the new carb. I also changed the sparkplug. Everything is back together now and she won't fire. I verified the plug is the correct .5mm gap and that its sparking when pulling the starter. Do I need to spray something in the carb now? What should I set the H L and Idle screws to initially?

Thanks in advance,
Jutt

H and L ..

I would turn them all the way in then back them both out one and a quarter turns and start there...

You will have to pull it over a few more times to prim the new carb....

southbound said:
H and L ..

I would turn them all the way in then back them both out one and a quarter turns and start there...

You will have to pull it over a few more times to prim the new carb....
+1 Again. Put it indoors as well let it warm up if your trying to cold fire it....

Are you sure the pulse line to the pump is open? Do you smell any gas after pulling on it?

Hey when I get my new saw who will mod the muffler????

My 290 is loud enough, don't think I would touch the muffler. Thing is louder than my McCulloch ProMac 610 without any guts in the muffler!

are you getting spark (just pull the plug with line attached) and pull a few times. My coil wire was loose on my 390. When you pull the plug you can see if it is wet from gas and that will answer the other question.

southbound said:
NATE379 said:
My 290 is loud enough, don't think I would touch the muffler. Thing is louder than my McCulloch ProMac 610 without any guts in the muffler!

I find that hard to believe...

Yea just buy better hearing protection! 880 stock is much louder than a 460 3/4 inch stright pipe....

I figured it out. When I attached the fuel line back to the new carb the line was twisted a bit which created a kink. I removed the kink, fuel then could flow to the carb, problem resolved. I still need to tune it now which I'll take care of this evening.

Thanks for help guys.

Never wore earplugs with the McCulloch, but pretty much have to with the Shitl or I will be going "huh... huh... huh?" for the rest of the day!

smokinjay said:
southbound said:
NATE379 said:

I find that hard to believe...

Yea just buy better hearing protection! 880 stock is much louder than a 460 3/4 inch stright pipe....

Status
Not open for further replies.