Stihl 029

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wendell

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2008
NE Iowa
Considering getting a back up saw for my Husky 350 and saw a 10 year old Stihl 029 on Craigslist for $225. Curious if that price sounds about right, what to look out for and where I can learn more about the 029. How big a bar can I put on it?

Thanks!

wendell said:
Considering getting a back up saw for my Husky 350 and saw a 10 year old Stihl 029 on Craigslist for $225. Curious if that price sounds about right, what to look out for and where I can learn more about the 029. How big a bar can I put on it?

Thanks!

For $225 it better be absolutely pristine.

the local dealer sell the MS 290 the replacement for the 029 for a whopping $359 or $129 more than the $225 10 year old saw you are looking at. So I would say either he needs to lower the price or you need to save a little more $$$ and buy a new one.

Bought ny 029 at a pawn shop for $125 probably about 5-7 yrs old in good shape have been using it for three years now only thing i have done to it is replace the rubber fuel line it has been a dang good saw. My buddie bought a Stihl 038 about a month later at the same pawn shop for the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.